Questions come to our minds while we come across a vehicle brushing against someone on the street but fleeing in fear of getting rebuked. Even though you’re quick enough to get the registration number, it’s not easy to track the vehicle. You might have no recourse from the driver. Eventually, it leads you to the Transport Office and has to bear the pain of bureaucratic and documentation procedures eating up your time.
Knowing the registration number is vital in cases of hit and run. The registration number of the car helps you track the car and learn more about the owner. It’s helpful even if you’re planning to buy an old car.
One must be aware of the importance of the registration number or why a car reg check is essential! However, people are not aware of pulling the records to find the vehicle’s owner.
When it’s essential to check the registration number?
You may come up with a number of scenarios when you’ve to provide the car’s registration number or need the details of some unknown cars.
The main scenarios are:
- When you buy a new vehicle: Yes, it’s mandatory to have the Car Reg Check details whenever you invest in a used vehicle. The vehicle’s condition, status, and registration details are all critical.
- Hit and run cases: Accidents can knock us at any point in time. We must be alert and prepare ourselves without losing our calm. The vehicle registration number can locate the car and the owner’s details in no time.
Let’s follow the steps of checking the car registration number:
You can visit the official government site and follow the below steps to extract the details.
- You will get an option “know your vehicle details” from the menu
- The site will seek the vehicle registration; you have to put the verification code or captcha (as shown on the page) and click on search vehicle.
- The process is hassle-free and will furnish all the details you need.
The details you will get from the site upon entering your car registration number:
- The name of the owner
- Vehicle class
- The number of the engine
- Registration date of the car
- Pollution under control certificate number
- Car’s registration certificate number
- Insurance details
- Tax validity of your vehicle
- Registration certificate status
- The type of fuel used
You can get the car reg check via a text:
The government has made it easier for all to access the details to save time.
You need to know the number of the specified department and the car registration number. You can send the registration number of the car to get details.
To make our lives easier, you can also check the vehicle registration details from any relevant website. You will only need to put the vehicle registration number where the website asks. Provide your contact number, and the site will send you OTP. Submit the password and click on “Get details/fetching details.” Neat and simple.